In 1890, Mr. Morgan Butler, a very prominent and generous New Hartford farmer built Butler Memorial Hall and donated this fine building to house municipal government and public activities. Butler Hall has served residents of the community since then and has been used for things such as US Post Office, New Hartford Historical Society, bowling Alleys, a gymnasium with a basketball court, "Good Times" club meetings, and a Public Library reading room.
At the present time, it is the home of the Village and Town of New Hartford municipal offices. The Village offices include the Village Clerk's Office/Tax Collector's Office, and meeting room. The Town offices include the Town Supervisor's Office, Town Clerk's Office and Accounting Office.
Butler Memorial Hall has currently been renovated with a handicap accessible ramp and an elevator.